Public sector logistics software
A UK public sector organisation required a mobile logistics software application to maintain and account for details of Materiel using machine read data, such as data matrix barcodes and QR Codes to improve equipment accountability, data accuracy and to comply with international regulations.
- Supports up to 18000 users at several hundred sites world wide.
- Uniquely identifies over one million assets.
- Increased Efficiency
- 83% reduction in time taken to conduct daily equipment account checks at each site.
- 95% reduction in time taken to receipt pallets.
- Integration – Achieved two way integration with an existing host logistics database to work within an offline and secure environment.
- Partnership – Collaboration with a Prime Contractor and multiple technical teams across various companies.
The client wished to extend their existing logistics software and system for requesting, receiving, supplying and maintaining details of materiel to be capable of utilising auto ID (barcode) technology. The project needed to achieve two way integration with an existing host logistics database and meet a variety of security standards. Existing business processes had been developed over many years, with significant variations between departments which required a careful approach to standardisation and minimise their training overhead. The project involved a number of partners, collaborating with a Prime Contractor and multiple technical teams across various companies.